Tuesday, November 13, 2007

MEXICO CITY CHURCHES (10/07)

XOCHIMILCO



What a treat to walk down winding foot paths ("streets") into a paint warehouse lost in the middle of several blocks of buildings and worship with a newly planted congregation (planted by San Lorenzo). The core group and many of the new attenders are born again, recovering alcoholics reaching out to others in recovery with the gospel. I loved the worship leader - his name is Francisco. Angelica was my translator.

-------------------------------------------

CONTRERASThis is about half the congregation. Wes and I spoke and preached to them a total of 6 times over two weekends. A lively group who love to clap and sing and dance.

---------------------------------------------------
SAN LORENZO














This group started out in the carport that is just behind this front/garage door entrance. Once you walk in, you see a beautiful courtyard, and garage where they now meet. I was present for their 8th anniversary celebration. Many wonderful stories to tell of changed lives. And they are making a difference in their very unique part of the city where massive numbers of people live and huge marketplaces stretch for blocks on weekends. We drove through incredible wall to wall traffic and people in the middle of the market to get to church Sunday evening.

Wes Davis did small group training and I taught on worship.



No comments: