Tuesday, November 13, 2007

HAITI GUITARS (10/07)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, and THANK YOU!!!

Shortly before I left for the month of October, I sent out a plea to you for help purchase guitars for worship leaders in Haiti. Your generosity allowed me to purchase two of them with decent cases, ten sets of strings, tuning forks, chord charts and a music book with 600 songs including most of the latest contemporary choruses as well as older hymns. God not only supplied the funds, but just the right place to purchase them, and help from a Christian music store owner to get everything I needed. Everything about the whole project went perfectly well. One guitar is even made of laminate, so we can see how it will do in the weather. Thanks again. And God bless you. I will probably take more guitars later. I'll appreciate your help then, too!

Jude is a natural guitar player, the young man I told you was playing a 12 string strung as a six with a broken neck. He was more than thrilled to have a guitar that allows him to actually play all the chords and patterns he has taught himself. I wish you could have seen the look on his face and could hear him play. Your gift has changed his life!


Several pastors will share one of the guitars. They couldn't put them down! It was such a joy to hand someone a quality guitar who hadn't had one in their hands for years.

Even the boys from the orphanage were curious and happy about the new instruments.

1 comment:

Tyla said...

Beautiful guitars!
Thanks for bringing the joy of music to this ministry!