Monday, June 16, 2008

Ready or not, here we go again!

This is my friend Kenny Smith. This picture is taken in Colorado last winter. He met my dad 6 years ago and heard a story about how he and a neighbor dug out our basement in North Denver by hand in the mid 1950's. Kenny wanted to see that basement for himself, so we made a trip mostly for that purpose. He got more than he bargained for, patiently listening to every story dad told about the Penna family and his life for the past 87 years, including the past 60 in the same house!

Kenny and I have been on two mission trips to Brazil. I always tell people that Kenny says, "I can't preach or teach or sing, but I can build things out of wood." God has used him and his talent in a big way in northeastern Brazil - not just to build playgrounds and cabinets, but to effect lives for the Kingdom. It is my great privilege to go with him again starting June 23 for about three weeks of work at World Renewal Brazil.

Pray for us if you think about it. And...we're still accepting donations (even after we're gone)...we need a little more material money. Plus, we'd like to buy some tools there that we can leave for our Brazilian friends.

Designate for Smith Brazil Trip, written and sent to: World Renewal International Box 399 Greenfield, Indiana 46140.

I'll stay an additional 10 days for a pastor's conference and to cheer on about 30 high school students from Indiana who will be performing a musical written by their music pastor, translated into Portuguese. What an awesome evangelistic tool that will be!! I'll have a report when I get home in late July.

No comments: