Thursday, February 7, 2008

More Pennas With Their Olives

Eventually I will get back to ministry news, but until then I have this for an update. I made a trip to Colorado in January to visit my parents Frank and Sarah who had both recently been in the hospital. I couldn't resist taking some olives so more Pennas could pose with them. Mom actually loves green (and black) olives, and was thrilled that I left the two jars behind! This picture is the closest I've ever seen my dad to any olive of any color. And for those who have noticed someone missing, I will take one of Janet someday, as well as others who qualify. So far I've taken pictures of everyone I can who is either born a Penna or married in and (gladly) taken the name.
Frank Alphonso (age 87) and Sarah Jane Marlatt (age 89) Penna

Sue Ellen Penna Brawner
When people (who aren't from Indiana ) ask me what the "P" stands for, I respond with a somewhat sarcastic, "Penna, of course!"
My friend Kenny Smith went with my sister Joyce and I on our colorful Colorado weekend. Can you believe his initial motivation was to see the basement at 4146 Irving, which my dad and a neighbor dug out by hand 40+ years ago?
---------------------
(PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT anytime just by clicking on the comments line just below these words or any other post)

4 comments:

Tyla said...

Wonderful to see some pics of your parents! They look great (with or without olives!)
So glad they are out of the hospital.

We pray you are ALL doing well!

mommyjoymarie said...

You are too funny!

Diane said...

Hi Frank, thanks for the email. I'd love to respond to you, but the only email address listed is a "no-reply" blogger address. If you want to email me at dianepenna (at) gmail (dot) com, I can reply. Thanks!

Diane Penna
crazymomsjournal.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Janet is the only sane one!! Not posing with olives is a smart move Janet!!! Frank, really it is time to get over this crazy obsession. Or do you have too much time on your hands??? There are people who can help you!! You are loved inspite of!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!!!