Jim Towne (Janet's sister Becky's husband...!) and I grew up Yankee fans, and as young ball players, both saw ourselves playing one day in "the house that Ruth built." Like Jim says, if it wasn't for the fact that we both were too slow, couldn't hit, field or throw all that well, we might have (and should have!!) made it. The best we could do was visit, as we did in early September. We combined several goals with a trip to the Billy Graham School of Evangelism (excellent in every way...and the real centerpiece of our little vacation...at least that's what we told Janet and Becky). BGSE is in Asheville, North Carolina. One blessing for us was scholarship and travel money for the conference. We both enjoyed being with a few of Jim's relatives and watched 2 games in NY (Yankees and Mets), as well as Washington and Baltimore (eventhough there were so many Red Sox fans in attendance we thought we were actually in Boston!).
The only proof I have that I was actually in Yankee Stadium (except for my ticket stub, two souvenir cups and two ice cream helmets). No, that is not a beer in my hand!
The boys of summer...

Two above - My only Times Square photo, and another look at the Capitol Building (Jim and I were there for Promise Keepers about 11 years ago). Every US citizen should have the privilege of being in the Capitol. I highly recommend a visit if you ever have the opportunity.

1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a lot of fun on your "vacation"! Cool pictures!
Post a Comment